3D Laser Scanning, Laser Scanners, Lidar Scanning & Point Cloud Scanning
Advances in technology are revolutionising 3d laser scanning, but no matter how many gadgets you use, you still need expert knowledge and know how to capture and interpret critical information.
You can always hire a surveyor with to do point cloud scanning and give them a brief, but at FIELD, all our lidar scanning and surveying is carried out by the people who are going to use the information. This means they get input from both seeing the real thing and the scan which means better interpretation of the laser scanning and better quality modelling.
One of the tricks with working on large mobile plants is that survey reference needs to be made to the machine’s axis of movement and not true levels. These jobs call for old school optical survey using instruments like the Wild Heerbrugg N3 Optical level. We’ve got that covered too.
Our Gadgets & Case Studies Behind Laser Scanners
- Total station theodolites
- 3D scanners
- High precision optical survey
Our mechanical and structural survey teams have worked on numerous projects including
- Peak Downs CHPP for BHP Mitsubishi Alliance
- Newlands CHPP for Xstrata
- Moorvale CHPP for Peabody Energy
- South Walker – BHP Mitsui Coal
- Dragline 22 at Saraji Mine
- Dragline 40 at Blackwater Mine
- Dragline 1 at Newlands Mine
- Numerous other coal handling and preparation plants, draglines and shovels
Other Related Services